Buffy star Amber Benson has signed on to play Amelie, Morganville founder, in a Morganville Vampires web series adaptation. New York Times bestselling YA author Rachel Caine has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the adaptation.
The Kickstarter has raised $22,285 of the $75,000 goal to date, and has another 24 days to run before it closes at 11.29am EDT on Thursday 11 July.
After several failed attempts to get a Morganville Vampires adaptation done in a more conventional manner, Caine took matters into her own hands. Teaming up with web producer/director Blake Calhoun (Continuum, Exposed), Caine hopes to bring the story to life in an initial run of six episodes.
It is unclear exactly which of the 14 books the web series will be based on, however it will be called Morganville: The Series.
The Kickstarter campaign offers rewards ranging from a personal twitter shout-out from the author, to a signed DVD of the final product. If you pledge $10,000, you will get a co-producer credit on the series – but that’s for the most die-hard fans.
- itsjayceyo reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- morganville4eva likes this
- jecksicakes reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- jecksicakes likes this
- tempestuous-night reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- death-from-within likes this
- onlymystories reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- rockthepotter reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- sarahhha reblogged this from mayday-its-miley and added:
- sarahhha likes this
- mayday-its-miley reblogged this from missocki
- imthecleveroneyourethepotatoone likes this
- elizabethwolf likes this
- vampwillowaddict1 reblogged this from missocki
- vampwillowaddict likes this
- undeadredheadinyourbed likes this
- howimettherepublicans likes this
- missocki reblogged this from yabookreviewer
- missocki likes this
- istarttheinvasion likes this
- yabookreviewer posted this